The department is established pursuant to sections 72 & 86 of Proceeds of Crime and Anti-Money Laundering Act (POCAMLA) and is responsible managing preserved/restrained and forfeited assets.
This department is responsible for the following functions: -
- Providing leadership in development and implementation of Assets Management strategies, policies, legislations and regulations and procedures;
- Undertaking research on assets management to inform asset policy development, implementation and management;
- Undertaking and monitoring physical risk assessment;
- Applying measures to ensure integrity and professional Assets Management standards;
- Devising, implementing and monitoring effective risk management strategies in the department;
- Coordinating processes in planning, budget and funding proposal for the department;
- Cascading the strategic plan and performance contract in the department and carry out staff performance appraisals;
- Formulating and implementing initiatives to instill integrity values in the department and adopt best practices in Assets management;
- Developing performance improvement strategies that are adaptive to the changing environment and technology;
- Facilitating proper utilization of optimum assets, fleet and liabilities levels;
- Participating in the formulation of criteria for procurement and disposal of assets;
- Developing measures to evaluate and enhance performance of out sourced service providers.